Friday, May 28, 2010

Hi I'm Bear!



Hi, I'm Bear and this is my fur-st blog. Get it? I'm a 14 week old pup. One week ago I met my forever mom Deanne.



Deanne adopted me from a rescue out of LA that ended up being not the nicest I'm rescue I'm told. She was happy to pull me from them. I had 4 homes in my first 13 weeks of life. I came from a backyard breeder (that's why I'm so cute I guess), then was given to a college student who couldn't take care of me and then I was fostered for a week at a woman's house with New Homes 4 Animals. She didn't socialize me well and gave my new mom a hard time.
When I first met Deanne I was very scared. She seemed nice but I didn't trust humans. I barked, snapped at her and growled. Deanne gave me lots of treats and despite my big barks she scooped me in her arms and kept me in her lap. Within 3 hours I loved her and now follow her everywhere. But I didn't want anyone else to touch me. This is a 10 second video of me on the first day she had me showing how much I didn't want to trust humans.

I'm no longer like that. Deanne called her friends who are trainers at Freedom Dogs and they even helped with my behavior issues.  I'm starting to love all humans. I like her family, roommate and turns out I think rabbits are super fun to play with. Deanne's roommate's rabbit Bugsy and I love to play. I'll show you a video of that soon.

Speaking of videos, I made my first national appearance in a video! Check this link out, I'm cute huh?  http://myown.oprah.com/audition/index.html?request=video_details&response_id=4288&promo_id=1
 My mom isn't bad looking either BOL (bark out loud). You can vote for us.

Well that's it for now. I'm tired, it's nap time. licks! love Bear





2 comments:

  1. Hi Bear!!!! Welcome to the blog world! You are so adorable, and we are all so glad you have such a wonderful mom!! We know first hand how special she is. We are all excited to follow your blog and watch you grow up into a big superstar!!

    xo
    Prinnie, Digby and Atka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Prinnie, Digby and Atka! Can't wait to meet you guys and your moms! I've heard such good things. 3 american eskimos running around a park will be quite a sight to see and of course Digby too!

    ReplyDelete